Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Speak for yourself AAC app Icons

Since I am am starting high tech AAC with William, I started making icons to use with whatever app works with him.  That way the communication app matches his pecs at home!  We are currently using Speak For Yourself. Which has words that never move so the children can develop motor planning for each word.  This is why this was my first choice.  I made icons for every word on the front page!   I posted them on a dropbox account so that others can use them too, for speak for yourself or any aac app that lets you choose your own photos. I think the continuity is so important!

There are 96 by 96 size icons for SFY, there are larger size plain color icons. and there are larger size icons colored according to the fitzgerald key.

For those of you who are using paper pecs, these are all individual boardmaker pec icons!
Here is a screenshot of Williams front page! Of course he only has 7 of these words open....



https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7w1fxd2iwctkqu/AAAyM_FIARTrGG9Uy4bcywUFa?dl=0

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing. That must have taken many hours of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. It must have taken hours and hours! Thank you so much for sharing this. I have some free boards on my blog, but none this large! i post core based boards for specific activities (kidzlearnlanguage.blogspot.com). This is a work of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful work, thank you so much! I hate to be greedy, but would you be willing to consider sharing the overall file via dropbox? E.g., http://www.speakforyourself.org/2014/09/04/saving-restoring-vocabulary-speak-aac-app/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would I transfer these symbols to my app?

    ReplyDelete